Hopefully, for many of you, spring has finally sprung. Spring is the best time to enjoy your outdoor space and invite your friends for an easy, low-key, outdoor get-together. Here are my tips for entertaining and hosting a low-key, yet elegant outdoor party.
- Choose simple but elegant tableware: Low-key entertaining does not necessarily mean plastic or paper plates and cups. Add an instant ‘vavavoum’ effect and impress your guests by using simple and timeless tableware and earthy – yet sophisticated – vessels like wooden salad bowls, porcelain salad plates, ceramic serving trays or serving bowls. Gold flatware is always a hit as well, and adds just the right amount of ‘bling-bling’.
- Keep pieces low and close to the floor for a low-key vibe: pillows, outdoor fabric poufs are great decor pieces for loungy vibes.
- The lighting goes a long way: small and medium sized stainless steel lanterns, candles [citronella candles help keep the spring bugs away!] , and string clear globe lights completely change the space from fine to divine!
- Divide your outdoor space into zones : create a food buffet station and define the space by using accent rugs, add small tables with metal cafe/ patio chairs, and create more intimate conversation areas.
- Prepare your food in advance: I made some tartines [the toppings can be prepared in advance, then you just have to toast your bread at the last minute] using simple fresh ingredients, and prepared in advance my lavender syrup so my tartine party signature cocktail, the lavender martini could be quickly made on demand – these gorgeous Martini glasses help keep the sophisticated vibe of the party.
- Don’t forget the music! Prepare a music playlist in advance so you don’t have to play the DJ all night. I prepared a French music Spotify playlist for my tartine party that you are welcome to use for your next get-together.
A TARTINE PARTY || MIXTAPE NO.5 || Listen on Spotify
- Above all, the best way to entertain your guests is to be part of the party – instead of running around from the kitchen to the patio. By planning in advance, you’re not just the party thrower, you are also the party goer! Have fun!
Any tips I forgot on my checklist? Let me know yours! Xo, Si-
This post is brought to you by TargetStyle.