I’m sharing today one easy, simple recipe that celebrates summer in the sweetest way : a red berry crumble. I used some organic strawberries, raspberries and blueberries for this recipe, but you are the boss when it comes to the berry used in this recipe. This dessert will impress the crowd, I guarantee it!
Here is my red berry crumble recipe:
For the red berry garnish:
● 3 cups of red berries (fresh and/or frozen)
● 2 tablespoons of brown sugar (cassonade)
● 4 tablespoons of crème fraiche (or sour cream), one for each individual serving cup 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
● 1⁄2 lemon
For the crumble dough:
● 1 cup of sifted flour
● 1 stick of butter (110 grams)
● 1⁄2 cup of brown sugar
●1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
● Preheat the oven to 180 °C, or 355°F.
● In large bowl, pour the sifted flour, the cold butter cut in small cubes, the sugar and the cinnamon. Work with your fingertips to give the dough a sandy texture.
● In a saucepan set on low heat, cook the berries, the sugar and the juice of half a lemon. Cook, on low heat, for 5 minutes.
● In individual oven-friendly dishes, start with a first layer of crumble dough, then a layer of the red fruit mixture, then the spoon of cream, and top the dish with a last layer of crumble dough.
● Place the dishes in the oven, and bake for 25 minutes; the top part of the cooked crumble should be golden brown and the red berry mixture bubbly.
Let cool a bit before serving. Bon appétit!
Photography Siham Mazouz for French by Design ©