This year, I am not making any resolution, except a simple one : eat healthy and real food. It may sound super simple, but I realized while cooking for pleasure for the family during the holiday break that 1/ we’ve been eating way too much outside on via meal delivery services, 2/ I eat too much processed food – especially at lunch when I’m alone and need a “quick bite”.
I don’t do well with diets, blame it on my thyroid condition, or the fact that every pound I lose during a diet comes back as 2 pounds when I’m done. Whatev’s. So we’ve been cooking much more at home with organic ingredients, and during the holiday break, we randomly ended up at True Food Kitchen in Palo Alto. We shared a cauliflower salad that was so good and so healthy, I just couldn’t believe it was a guilt-free meal.
Hubby decided to replicate the recipe last week and it was a total hit. So here is the recipe we found on this website, which is a copycat of the True Food restaurant recipe: roasted mediterranean cauliflower, with harissa-tahini dressing. So, so good.
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ? cup of tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed and separated
- juice of half a lemon
- 1-2 tablespoon of harissa
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable broth, [+/- 2 tablespoons if needed]
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 3 dates, diced
- 2 tablespoons of mint, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons of dill
- ¼ cup of toasted pistachios [we roasted regular pistachios in an oven-top pan for a few minutes]
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment; set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, toss together the cauliflower florets with 1 clove of garlic and the olive oil.
- Spread the cauliflower evenly onto the prepared baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes.
- While the cauliflower roasts make the tahini-harissa dressing : in a small bowl, whisk together the remaining garlic, tahini, lemon juice, harissa, vegetable broth, and salt.
- When the cauliflower is lightly browned and tender, remove it from the oven. Allow it to cool about 5 minutes then transfer to a medium size bowl.
- Toss the cauliflower with half of the tahini-harissa dressing then lightly fold in the dates and pistachios.
- Top with chopped mint and dill and serve immediately.
I ended up ordering the True Food book for more healthy recipes. I’ll share the ones that hit the spot for us soon. Xo, Si-
Photography French By Design ©