‘Tis the time of the year to look back at what life brought us this year, and while it’s easy to count the lemons that were thrown at us and feel sorry for ourselves, it takes a little more effort to assess what we are thankful for.
- My family, for believing in me and always pushing me forward, even when I doubt myself – which happens more than I’d like to admit.
- My girls, and watching them grow out to be nice people. As a parent, there is no greater feeling than when you realize your kids are turning out be nice, caring people. My two girls, now 15 and 16, are now two fine young ladies, passionate, caring, and assertive. It is truly priceless as a parent to watch them blossom into young adults.
- Where Im at in my life, and how comfortable I feel in my skin. I said it before, but I’m really embracing my 40s “era”.
- My beloved city of San Francisco and its values of love and respect.
- My friends – I wont name them individually, but they know who they are – for checking up on me even if we sometime live in different time zones, for listening me rant on silly stuff and always, always, having my back.
- And finally, I am thankful for you, yes, you, my beloved blog readers, for your constant support, for allowing me to experiment with the blog and letting me grow through it; for your comments here or on the blog’s social media feeds, or your many private contact notes which I always read – and most of the time bring me to tears – thanking me for the inspiration you find here or sharing your personal journeys. Ive said if before and I will say it again, this blog would be nothing without you and your support. So thank you again for that.
What are you thankful for?
Happy Thanksgiving! Im taking the rest of the week off to celebrate Thanksgiving with my loved ones. I hope your Thanksgiving weekend is filled with love [and good food, of course!].
See you all next week. Xo, Si-
Photography French By Design © – Floral design by my talented and sweet friend, Tulipina.