After just a few beautiful summer-like days, it seems that fall has arrived here in San Francisco. This means more ‘fall dishes’ dinners, like gratins, stews and soups. I made this creamy zucchini soup for the family this week that my good friend Claire
Here is what you need :
- 5 to 7 zucchinis
- 1 onion or shallot
- 2 tablespoons of cream cheese or Boursin type cream cheese [I used Boursin because it has herbs and garlic and it adds extra flavor]
- Salt, pepper and herbes de Provence for seasoning
- Cut your onion or shallot in small pieces.
- Peal and cut your zucchinis into tiny slices.
- In an oven top pan, cook the onion/ shallot and the zucchinis in a little bit of oil for 10 minutes. Add the seasonings.
- Transfer your mixture into a blender, and add 2 1/2 cups of water. Blend the mix until the liquid is smooth and crumble-free.
- Transfer back into a soup pan and cook in a low heat setting. Add the cream cheese/ boursin and let the mixture reduce.
- Serve with bread crumbs, toasted bread or parmesan crisps.
Bon appétit and a bon weekend to you! Xo, Si-
Photography French By Design ©