I tried a new recipe last week when I didn’t want to use the oven because it was a hot day : a watermelon salad. Oh yum, it was a huge success, super easy to make, and calorie friendly, so here is the recipe if you’d like to try.
What you need :
- A watermelon cut in half
- A sliced cucumber
- A green onion, sliced – red onion is also an option.
- 1 cup of feta cheese
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 Tsp of homemade vinaigrette [oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper]
- Using a melon baller, form watermelon balls and set aside in a large bowl.
- Mix all ingredients in the bowl and add one tablespoon of homemade vinaigrette. Toss gently.
- Transfer back in the watermelon shell and serve immediately.
Do you have any recently discovered summer recipe to share? I’d love to read yours!
Photography French By Design