Well, folks, it’s been almost 3 weeks since my post about fighting the frizz, and as promised, I’m now here to report. The beanie is officially gone – no, it’s not, but now, when I wear one, it’s because I want, and I can, and not because I must. Major win here.
I’ve definitely noticed a big change in my hair. My hair has more body, more texture. I’ve literally forced myself to follow Hillary‘s advice about applying conditioner at every wash, and to my surprise, she was absolutely right. My hair is not oily, but shinier and healthier.
To recap on the Living Proof products I’ve been trying, here is my general feedback:
- I ADORE the no-frizz humidity shield; this is by far the best secret weapon against San Francisco’s iconic fog. I’ve been applying it after styling my hair, and have noticed that it keeps the styling in place and I don’t have these annoying flyaways sticking out of my head on a rainy or humid day. Hey, El Niño, bring on the rain!
- I’m also hooked on the Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1 styling treatment, because I’m not the type of girl who applies tons of treatments. For me, hair products – as well as makeup – should be limited to a minimum. 5 products in one single bottle and application… this fits perfectly my beauty routine.
- I’m still not a big dry-shampoo gal. My lack of experience did not help here. The first few times I tried to apply the Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo, I came out with grey hair, and realized that I needed to shake the bottle vigorously and wait 30 seconds or so before applying the product. I’m getting better at it though, and I must admit that this dry shampoo comes handy after a sweaty walk at the park with Miss Daisy.
- I also noticed that I don’t need to wash my hair as often as I used to : while I would have to wash every 2 days, I can now easily go up to 3 to 4 days between washes with the Perfect Hair Day shampoo and conditionner without having ‘yucky’ hair – again, Hillary was right, these products work as a barrier against dirt and pollution. That’s another major win for me.
I met my best hair, and got a major ego boost here – ok, Denise‘s va-va-voum hair styling really helped too, I admit. It’s amazing how a good hair day lifts up your spirit and self-confidence, isn’t it?
• This post is in partnership with Living Proof, but all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make FrenchByDesign possible.