Here is another great way to use figs that are in season right now – please tell me if I’m boring you to death with the fig recipe spam, but I was not joking when I said I was fascinated by this fruit.
This recipe is super easy and so tasty, it’s one of my favorite : Figs and mozzarella salad with roasted pine nuts, served in a glass jar. In France, we love to present food in ‘verrines’ or serving glasses, it makes the food all the more pretty and you can have an entire cocktail party with small-bite-size serving glasses.
What you need:
- a pack of small cherry-size mozzarella balls
- 2 cups of fresh figs
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil, one tablespoon of lemon juice, some salt and pepper to season
- a few leaves of mint, finely chopped
- a cup of pine nuts
- Roast the pine nuts in an oven top pan, until they get a blond, golden color. Set aside and let cool down.
- In a bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Add the mozzarella balls and let them marinate in the mixture for 30 minutes.
- Cut the figs in slices.
- In a serving glass [verrine], randomly arrange the marinated mozzarella and the figs. Add a sprinkle of chopped mint and a few roasted pine nuts on top. Use a bit of the marinade [half a teaspoon per glass] as a vinaigrette and serve immediately.
Wishing you a lovely weekend, folks. See you next week! Xo, Si-