Here is another great way to use figs that are in season right now – please tell me if I’m boring you to death with the fig recipe spam, but I was not joking when I said I was fascinated by this fruit.
What you need:
- a pack of small cherry-size mozzarella balls
- 2 cups of fresh figs
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil, one tablespoon of lemon juice, some salt and pepper to season
- a few leaves of mint, finely chopped
- a cup of pine nuts
- Roast the pine nuts in an oven top pan, until they get a blond, golden color. Set aside and let cool down.
- In a bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Add the mozzarella balls and let them marinate in the mixture for 30 minutes.
- Cut the figs in slices.
- In a serving glass [verrine], randomly arrange the marinated mozzarella and the figs. Add a sprinkle of chopped mint and a few roasted pine nuts on top. Use a bit of the marinade [half a teaspoon per glass] as a vinaigrette and serve immediately.
Wishing you a lovely weekend, folks. See you next week! Xo, Si-