Hey there! I’m back from my Euro trip and while I had the most fabulous time abroad – more on that soon – I’m also very glad to be home. While reflecting on this wonderful feeling of being back home, I compiled a list of things I enjoy the most when I return from a long trip.
Here are my top 10 favorite things:
- Using your own coffee machine
- Drinking your morning coffee from your favorite coffee mug
- Having your entire wardrobe [and shoes] available again – because wearing the same clothes and shoes for 3 weeks is not fun by the third week!
- No longer living in your suitcase and computer bag. Oh, and that wifi that automatically connects, bliss!
- Sleeping in your own bed
- Catching up with your favorite on-demand TV shows
- Taking a long shower in your bathroom, with all your creams and products, and putting on a bathrobe before getting dressed
- Lighting up your favorite candle – you know, the one that smells like home!
- Being reunited with your pet or furry friend – We missed Miss Daisy so, so bad!
- Unpacking your travel treasures and goodies.
It sounds simple and silly, but these simple things make me so happy to be back “chez moi“. You know, that feeling of being finally home, where you belong after all. Now, if I could only get rid of this darn jet lag… Cheers, Si-